The SCORAD index : How to use it ?
- Analysis of surface involvement
- During the clinical examination, draw the involved areas on the
- Then calculate the proportion of involved surface area segment
by segment. See this example.
- Total the results for all segments
- Grading of intensity
- Choose the representative area
In patients with localized lesions, analysis will concern the area
which was the reason for the visit.
In patients with areas varying in severity, a representative area
of mean involvement is chosen.
Dryness should be evaluated in a remote area of noninflammatory
- Identify the elementary lesions
- Subjective signs
The two most representative items concerning the quality of life of
patients (during the 3 previous days) are :
The patient and/or one of his relatives expresses the intensity of pruritus
or insomnia using a visual analog scale graded between 0 and 10.
Back to the SCORAD Course Menu